Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Leather, Buffy, Chocolate and Zinfandel

It's been a while since I have been able to update the blog due to our wonderful wedding (follow link). In this post I'm going to cover cutting, stitching and gluing of the ribs, front, back and sleeves of my leather jacket. The leather is a little bit thicker than I expected and my sewing machine is having a rough time going through more than two layers of skin.

Here you can see how you have to tape the pattern pieces down in order to cut them out. This is the front breast top.
                                                                   




 My sweet helpers...
  



Checking to see that I did indeed cut out two of each piece.
                                    



Front right center piece folded and pinned to make ribs.
  The underbelly.
                                                   




  "Pinning" with clips. Best.Idea.Ever.
                                                      





Seams stitched but not yet glued.
                                                           



 Gluing down the seams.

                                     Sewing with Buffy, Zinfandel, and dark chocolate M&Ms.







No comments:

Post a Comment