Monday, August 27, 2012

Not just a jacket

Good Afternoon!

I know that it has been a while but we've been busy planning a wedding that is only a few weeks away! You may have noticed that the blog's name has changed to Sewing Kitts. If you didn't know I am getting married to a man named Justin Kitts who has been known to help me sew now and again. So Sewing Kitts just sounded nice!

Wedding planning has been going pretty well so far. The wedding dress has been made (check back in a few weeks to see it!), bridesmaid's dresses are finished, groomsmen's vests are in the process of being finished up and flower girls are ready! We finally secured music. It just so happened that my two great friends wouldn't be mortally offended to play at the wedding. I was afraid that they would just want to enjoy it only to be informed that they would LOVE to play! And that, that makes me so happy. If you could hear them play you would cry.

My wonderful sister-in-law to be hosted a beautiful wedding shower for us on Saturday and we had a wonderful time! On to sewing matters though.

I am going to make a leather jacket! YEAH!!!! The leaves started changing last week (go ahead, look at the date again they started changing mid August). I have several other UFO's that are supposed to become jackets but I've begun the process of making a new jacket. And not just a jacket but a LEATHER jacket. I just ordered a beautiful half hide from Brettuns Village Leather. It is a deep and rich cocoa color which looks to be very supple. I make bags out of leather and canvas but the leather is just for reinforcement and straps. I've never made an entire leather project, let alone a leather jacket! So check back in periodically to see the process and learn how to make one too!


No comments:

Post a Comment